Are you looking to expand your depth range? Do you want to reduce narcosis during deep dives? The TDI Trimix Diver Course could be your next step! As your motivation to explore progresses, you will find that you may want to go deeper to dive that wreck that is part of history or that cave system that you have read so much about. One of the major limiting factors of going deeper is narcosis; TDI’s Trimix Diver course shows how to minimize the effects of narcosis by adding helium to offset the nitrogen in your breathing gas. While taking the Trimix Diver course your TDI Instructor will teach you how to plan and execute dives utilizing as little as 18 percent oxygen and diving to maximum depth of 60 metres/200 feet with a blend of helium appropriate for the planned depth.Become a TRIMIX diver
Who this course is for:
The certified Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures diver looking to:
- Extend their depth range
- Reduce narcosis for all deep dives
- Advance their technical diving education
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of TDI Advanced Nitrox AND Decompression Procedures Diver, or equivalent
- Proof of 100 logged dives
What you can expect to learn:
- Advanced decompression dive planning including:
- Gas planning based on equivalent narcotic depths, nitrogen and helium absorption and elimination, CNS and OUT limits, Isobaric Counter diffusion, volume requirements, etc.
- Decompression gas choices
- Tables vs. personal dive computers
- Emergency and contingency planning (equipment failure, omitted decompression, etc)
- Decompression diving procedures
- Equipment selection
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Following a decompression schedule
- Gas switching
- Team awareness and communication
- SMB/lift bag deployment
- Proper trim, buoyancy and finning techniques
- Management of multiple decompression/stage cylinders
- Emergency procedures (equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, injured/unconscious diver, etc)
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing trimix nitrox and mixes, and gas blending procedures
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to conduct technical diving activities using custom trimix mixtures without direct supervision provided:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
- Ability to enroll in TDI Advanced Wreck and TDI Advanced Trimix courses
TDI Trimix Diver minimum certification requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Trimix Diver course written examination
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
How to take this course!
- Available as an Online Course: Start eLearning today!
- Find an Instructor for this Course
- Find your local Dive Center: here
- Course Cost: $139.95 USD for eLearning only. Pool and open water training not included. Contact your local dive shop for full course cost.
Additional required equipment and travel expenses are not included in the cost of the training
Once you've become a Trimix Diver, you are at the top of your game. Have you ever considered going pro? Becoming a Dive Master or Instructor will allow you to do what you love and make money while doing it.